Dear Friends of the Parleys Stake,
I have loved this blog and reading all your wonderful comments. What a great neighborhood we live in. I love being associated with each one of you. Thank you for your powerful influence in my life. I just wanted to give you a little more information about our September meeting. . .
In conjunction with and prior to the General Relief Society Broadcast on September 24, 2011, the Parleys Stake Relief Society will be participating in a service project and dinner.
We have chosen to support The Friends of the Library’s Best Beginnings Begin with Books program again this year.
Since 2009, the Friends have maintained two early literacy programs: Best Beginnings Begin with Books and Buddies of The City Library. Implemented at all three hospitals in Salt Lake City, (LDS Hospital, Salt Lake Regional Hospital and the University of Utah Hospital), the Best Beginnings program is designed to give new parents information about the importance of reading to newborns, guidance on raising a reader, and a free board book for our newest residents.
Last year this service project was a huge success. We were able to assemble 1500 bags for the library. We appreciate all who came out to help. It was wonderful to see sisters from our Stake serving together side by side. All the supplies are provided by the library and it is a simple project with lasting effects.
I have loved this blog and reading all your wonderful comments. What a great neighborhood we live in. I love being associated with each one of you. Thank you for your powerful influence in my life. I just wanted to give you a little more information about our September meeting. . .
In conjunction with and prior to the General Relief Society Broadcast on September 24, 2011, the Parleys Stake Relief Society will be participating in a service project and dinner.
We have chosen to support The Friends of the Library’s Best Beginnings Begin with Books program again this year.
Since 2009, the Friends have maintained two early literacy programs: Best Beginnings Begin with Books and Buddies of The City Library. Implemented at all three hospitals in Salt Lake City, (LDS Hospital, Salt Lake Regional Hospital and the University of Utah Hospital), the Best Beginnings program is designed to give new parents information about the importance of reading to newborns, guidance on raising a reader, and a free board book for our newest residents.
Last year this service project was a huge success. We were able to assemble 1500 bags for the library. We appreciate all who came out to help. It was wonderful to see sisters from our Stake serving together side by side. All the supplies are provided by the library and it is a simple project with lasting effects.
“You may have tangible wealth untold;
Caskets of jewels and coffers of gold.
Richer than I you will never be-
I had a mother who read to me.”
~Strickland W. Gillilan
Caskets of jewels and coffers of gold.
Richer than I you will never be-
I had a mother who read to me.”
~Strickland W. Gillilan
This year the library has given us all 2000 kits to assemble. We hope you will join us for this fun and valuable project to promote early literacy in our community!
We Follow The Son
Saturday, September 24th
Parleys Stake Center
4:00 p.m. - Service Project
5:00 p.m. - Dinner
6:00 p.m. - General Relief Society Broadcast
Chapel
Girls 10 and up invited
We hope to see you on the 24th. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
Liz Bradley
Parleys Stake Relief Society
Literacy
No comments:
Post a Comment