Heleman 18-3 Nephi:10
What an honor it is to write about these chapters in the Book of Mormon. My husband and I have recently been talking about the question, "What is the essence of true religon," We have concluded that the answer at its' very root is; "find out who God is, what He wants from us, and live it". I think that is what most religons of the world are striving for.
In these wonderful chapters Samuel tells the people of Nephi who God is, what He wants from us, and even when He will come. Some learned and followed God's will, and others persecuted the message giver and those that beleived. God was giving all the answers that His children needed to follow true religon. Even when the signs of Christ's coming became to be fulfilled, some followed and others went the opposite way.
The real question for us now is, what kind of person am I? Do I listen to the prophet, read my scriptures, listen to my leaders, and pray to my Heavenly Father to truly know and understand Him? Do I follow when I find those answers? The proof of our devotion comes in action. Will I be a follower of Christ and DO once I am taught? Life is a progression of learning, trying hard, failing, and hopefully succeeding.
These chapters help me recognize what kind of disciple I am and what kind I want to work hard to become. I feel so blessed to have so many ways to feel the spirit and learn more of my God. I pray for the strength to be one of those that then does what I am called on to DO. I want to be counted as one of the disciples of Christ that is ready and anxious for His return.
Teri Lyn Baucom
Parley's 5th Ward
No comments:
Post a Comment