Dear Sisters of the Parley's Stake
I appreciate the oppurtunity to read "Jesus The Christ". I have started reading before, but haven't read the entire book. I enjoy having a schedule and motivation to finish this time. I'm sure as each sister reads about the Savior, his life, and his ministry, they will come to know our Savior on a personal level. I feel this is the most important reason to read this book. The more we know and understand the Savior's mission, the more we can come to feel of his spirit and direction in our lives.
The first seven chapters outline the preexistence and foreordination of Jesus Christ. Two of those chapters were especially inspiring to me. Chapter three, "The Need of a Redeemer", was very personal to me. It testifies to me of a loving Heavenly Father who knew, as hard as I try, that I would make mistakes and sin. I felt my Heavenly Father's love as quoted on page 17 and 18 "It was necessary that a means of redemption be provided, whereby erring man might make amends, and by compliance with established law achieve salvation and eventual exaltation in the eternal worlds. The power of death was to be overcome, so that, though men would of necessity die, they would live anew, their spirits clothed with immortalized bodies over which death could not again prevail."
Devine revelation and prophecy of Jesus Christ was outlined in Chapter 5. It testifies to me of the inspiration and truth of the Holy Scriptures. I loved reading about the prophecy of Christ's birth by prophets in the Book of Mormon and the Old Testament. On page 51 I quote, "At a later time Nephi writes, not as his father's scribe, but as a prophet and revelator voicing the word of God as made known to himself. He was permitted to behold in vision and to declare to his people the circumstances of the Messiah's birth, His baptism by John and the ministration of the Holy Ghost with its accompanying sign of the dove....". It only strenghtens my testimony to the divinity of the Book of Mormon as another testament of Jesus Christ.
My testimony continues to grow as I read and study. I love my Savior and I feel his love as I pray for continued understanding and direction through the words of this sacred book.
Liz Niederhauser Parley's 6th ward
We hope you find joy in sharing together with the Women of Parleys Stake!
Ward Presidents and the Stake Relief Society Presidency will share posts and we hope that you will share kind and uplifting comments and questions. We will publish comments from members of the Stake - whether they reside here, (or their hearts reside here), are serving in the mission-field or are attending school away from home. (Please sign your comments with your full name so that we can get to know you, better. Thanks!)
Thursday, October 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We are Blessed
ReplyDeleteThis blogspot is a great way to keep reminding ourselves how blessed we are to have books like the Book of Mormon and Jesus the Christ and our neighbors and friends around us that are striving to live good lives. It has been fun to see what each of you get out of the weekly readings and how you are using it and comparing it to your lives. As busy as our days can be, I'm glad to have one extra reason to read the Book of Mormon and to publicly state my conviction that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is true and I am very blessed each day by my Heavenly Father that loves me with all His heart. He knows our concerns and wants us to be happy. We are blessed to live in a day that I can post that without fear of retailiation or harassment. This stake is a great place and I'm blessed to be a part of it. Can't wait to post more about one of the greatest books ever written: THE BOOK OF MORMON!!!