We hope you find joy in sharing together with the Women of Parleys Stake! Ward Presidents and the Stake Relief Society Presidency will share posts and we hope that you will share kind and uplifting comments and questions. We will publish comments from members of the Stake - whether they reside here, (or their hearts reside here), are serving in the mission-field or are attending school away from home. (Please sign your comments with your full name so that we can get to know you, better. Thanks!)

Sunday, February 12, 2012

"Now I, Moroni, write somewhat as seemeth me good…" (Ether 13 - Moroni 10)

We have come to the end of our reading of the Book of Mormon this time around (or perhaps some of us are still reading or have started again!). I hope that this has become a meaningful experience for those of us who have put Moroni's promise to the test. To "…receive these things…ponder it in your heart…ask God…in the name of Christ…with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost
And by the power of the Holy Ghost you will know the truth of all things."
I am trying not to get wordy in this last Book of Mormon post, (and I will fail), but let me give you a couple of key words and thoughts. 
-In the last chapters of Ether, I was struck by the incredible contrast between these war chapters and the war chapters in Alma (which was my last post). Spirit and preparation vs. blind hatred/anger and "harden(ed) hearts".
-Moroni 1-6 - The importance of ordinances and authority and administering by the Spirit.
-Moroni 7-9 -  lonely son's love for his father and his father's wise words of counsel for all of us. Especially the "conference talks" in chapters 8 and 9.
-thought…if I were tying off a book of remembrance for my posterity and I were to include well-loved counsel for my children from the prophets, what would I include? President Benson on "Pride" or the "Book of Mormon: The Keystone of our Religion"? Elder Bednar's "Tender Mercies"? President Eyring's "Remember, Remember"? President Kimball on "Lengthening our Stride"? President Hunter on having and keeping a Temple recommend? Elder McConkie, "The purifying Power of Gethsemane"? President Hinckley, "The Things of Which I Know"? Sister Beck "A Mother Heart"? Sister Dalton "Love Her Mother"? OBVIOUSLY, I could go on and on and more obviously this list is personal and not exhaustive. My testimony is that we have been and are being given loving guidance in our time here on earth. We are never alone and we are never without "The Way" back to our Heavenly Father. What are YOUR favorite Conference talks?


I, too, have a testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I am thankful for my testmony of a living prophet in President Monson. I am so very thankful for the words and counsel of prophets, living and dead, which help me to increase my testimony and love of the Savior. I know the Book of Mormon is true - that it was preserved for our day and translated through the power of the Holy Ghost to bring all of us closer to Christ and back into the presence of our Heavenly Father. I have a testimony of our Savior, Jesus Christ and of His life and Atonement. I am thankful to be reading "Jesus the Christ" and learning from the beautiful insights there. I have a deep testimony of the Temple and the lasting covenants that we make there. I LOVE THE TEMPLE!  May I repeat that? I LOVE THE TEMPLE!  I cherish the covenants that I have made, and even though I am imperfect in keeping them, that doesn't diminish the knowledge I have that they are the way to unite my family and the way back to my Father in Heaven. Sisters, PLEASE - come and join with us in the Temple on March 29th! If it's the first or the thousandth time you have gone, we invite you to come and join with the Stake family. It is a privilege to serve you sisters and to serve with your wonderful presidents and the women in our Presidency. You are loved!


With love and joy in the journey,
Janice Rampton

No comments:

Post a Comment